Hardwax Oil Clear
Satin & Ultramatt
For application on new or refurbished wooden floors
DESCRIPTION: A blend of natural oils and waxes offering exceptional durability and resistance for wood floors in areas subject to a degree of wear and can also be used on wooden kitchen worktops (see separate data sheet). Produces a water repellent, treadfast finish. Easy application with no sanding between coats.
Please note: It is a requirement when using this product that the following equipment is available:
- High Speed Rotary Buffing Machine (for maintenance)
- Polishing grade floor maintenance pad (red or white) (for maintenance)
- Applicator and pads or A.D Goddard Roller and wool sleeves (for application)
PREPARATION: Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from any previous finish. For BARE WOOD, final sand with a fine 150grade sanding paper or 100grit sanding disc and remove any dust carefully.
APPLICATION: Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application.
First coat - Stir contents thoroughly before and during use and apply in a warm ventilated room. Apply THINLY and lay EVENLY, following the direction of the grain and working with a board edge wherever possible. Remove surplus material immediately, carefully checking all areas for any excess application and leave to dry 8 – 10 hours, or preferably overnight with good ventilation.
Second coat (if required) - Apply as first coat, THINLY, allowing good ventilation. Leave to dry overnight. When the surface is completely dry, a light buff with a soft floor pad will further enhance the sheen level and ensure a durable finish.
- Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application has occurred.
- Certain dense or oil rich hardwood, i.e. Mahogany, Teak, may only require a single application and subsequently should be buffed when dry to achieve the desired finish.
- If either coat is applied heavily, the drying times will be significantly increased.
- Longer drying periods may occur depending on site conditions. Extremes of temperature and damp conditions should be avoided at all times during application.
- Always use sparingly and remove any excess product thoroughly.
- For application to worktops, see separate data sheet
MAINTENANCE: For full maintenance information, please see our data sheet “MAINTENANCE OF HARDWAX OIL”
COLOURS: Clear, Onyx, White, Whiskey, Antique
SHEEN LEVELS: Clear - Satin/Matt or Ultramatt Coloured – Satin/Matt
COVERAGE: A single application will approximately cover 15-20m² per litre, depending on the density of the substrate.
PACK SIZE: 1 litre, 2.5 litre & 5 litre containers (Clear) 1 litre & 2.5 litres (Coloured)
STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from frost. Temperatures below 10°C and above 40°C should be avoided. Shelf life: 12 months from date of despatch (unopened containers).
HEALTH & SAFETY: For product health and safety information, please refer to our Material Health & Safety Data Sheet.
The information provided herein is correct to the best of our knowledge. No liability for any errors or opinions is accepted. You should satisfy yourself before applying any of the information contained herein to your particular circumstances. A.D Goddard Products Limited can accept no responsibility for any loss as a result of any person placing reliance on any information contained herein.